Lieut William Furber1
M, b. circa 1646, d. 14 September 1707
|Father||Sergt. William Furber2,3,4 b. c 1614, d. 2 Jul 1694|
|Mother||Elizabeth Clark2,3,4 b. 1629, d. c 1700|
Last Edited=18 Jan 2011
Lieut William Furber lived with his father and had the homestead.5 He was born circa 1646 at Dover, New Hampshire.1 He married Esther Starbuck circa 1672.1 Lieut William Furber was appointed Ensign in the King's service. in March 1689/90.1,4,6 He was appointed Lieutenant in the King's Service. on 20 September 1692.1 He He was licensed to keep a ferry from his house at Welchman's Cove over to Oyster River. Furber's Ferry was in operation befor May 1694. (N.H.Prov.Pap. 17:668) before 1694.6 He married Elizabeth Heard, daughter of John Heard and Elizabeth Hull, on 13 August 1694.4 Lieut William Furber married Elizabeth Martyn on 3 April 1706.1,6 Lieut William Furber died on 14 September 1707 at Welchman Cove, Dover, New Hampshire.1
Family 1: Esther Starbuck
Family 2: Elizabeth Heard b. 15 Sep 1653, d. 9 Nov 1705
- [S89] Et al Samuel Hart Furber, Furber Genealogy Family Group Sheets, Sheet 2.
- [S2] George Richard Furber, G. R. Furber's PAF Database.
- [S7] Charles Thornton Libby, and Walter Goodwin Davis Sybil Noyes, Genealogical Dictionary of Maine and New Hampshire.
- [S6] George Clarence Furber, "G. C. Furber Family Group Sheets."
- [S7] Charles Thornton Libby, and Walter Goodwin Davis Sybil Noyes, Genealogical Dictionary of Maine and New Hampshire, Page 250.
- [S5] Probably George Clarence Furber, Manuscript labelled William Furber and Assocated Notes.